This consisted of a "Town House" occupied by paupers, just across the brook from Byng Hall at the bottom of Stump Street; and 17 acres of Town Land, let for £25 per annum, mostly situated in the same area, which has the appearance of having been the former open fields of the settlement. The money rent was "applied to the service of the church conformably to old usage". There are numerous old documents and maps in the Suffolk Record Office, some dating back to the 1400's, relating to the Pettistree Town Lands.
By 1703, when he died, Thomas Mills a wheelwright, Baptist Preacher of Framlingham had inherited Green Farm, a farm of 113 acres, 1 rood, 6 poles at Pettistree from his wife formerly a Mrs Groome. He bequeathed 5/- a quarter to the poor of Pettistree to be expended on bread.
In 1717 John Jessup gave land in Pettistree to support a yearly rent charge of £5 which was to be used for bread distribution "every other Sunday to the deserving poor". By 1937 these had been combined and covered parish needs in bread, medicine, coals and clothing.